Why I'm 2+ years behind on games (and what I'm catching up on) | explodedsoda
explodedsoda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and ShareASale Affiliate Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to explodedsoda.blogspot.com

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Why I'm 2+ years behind on games (and what I'm catching up on)


For the past year it seems I've been playing catch up with video games.

Since around this time in 2009 I have started and finished the following list of games (that I remember...):
-Assassin's Creed 1
-Assassin's Creed 2
-Bioshock 1
-COD: MW3
-Fable 3
-Halo 3
-Halo: Reach
-Mass Effect
-Mass Effect 2

Hardly any of these games are recent releases. And, hell, I still have a HUGE backlog of other games I still want to START (Skyward Sword, all the other Assassin's Creed, Bioshock 2, etc).

So why am I so damned far behind on games?

First to blame is college. I barely had any time to really focus on both starting and finishing a game in any reasonable amount of time between sleep, class, homework and the occasional party (or two, or three, or seven).

Second, I'm going to blame my last boyfriend. Don't want to go into too much detail, but he didn't like that I was a nerd. I quit WoW for the majority of our relationship because of his constant "Are you playing that stupid game, AGAIN?" I also haven't really been able to play Pokemon since that relationship. Anywho. It was a good two years of almost no gaming and it was terrible!

Third, World of Warcraft. Complete other game motivation killer. Why play Mass Effect 3 when I need to log in and check my mail and do my dailies and maybe run a dungeon and...oh shit it's 1am?!

Fourth, SO. MANY. GAMES. So many. Every time I knock one game off my backlog it's like another one comes right out. At least it's kind of slow right now, but I bet by the time I finish the next 2 or 3 games on my backlog it'll probably be time for Assassin's Creed 3 to come out!

So wish me luck.

Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, Diablo 3 and Minecraft (also gaming motivation killer. must. build. lava. moat.)

Current Backlog:
-Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
-Assassin's Creed: Revelations
-Bioshock 2
-Lost Planet
-Portal 2
-Zelda: Skyward Sword

5 comments :

Iago said...

I would tell you to skip lost planet, played it years ago and the only thing i can recall is the shitty ending...go for bioshock! great story and ambientation and the new one comes out this year! :D

Soda said...

To be honest, I want to skip it. It's really at the bottom of the priority list. Someone once logged into my xbl account with the game in so now I have that game in my XBL Activity with 0/35 or something achievements and it BOTHERS me. I'm weird.

Iago said...

Well I have always been a huge fan of fps shooters and I was very surprised the first time i tried bioshock, I mean, I usually play less realistic shooters like unreal or quake, and wasn't expecting much of it. But the plot it's really worth the time, but of course it's my opinioin ;) just give it a try when you got the time

Soda said...

Well I already beat Bioshock last spring. Bioshock 2 is on my backlog but it'll have to wait until after I do the other two Assassin's Creeds since ACIII comes out before Infinite.

Soda said...

Plus Infinite got pushed back to 2013 ;)

Post a Comment