Best. Gift. Ever. | explodedsoda
explodedsoda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and ShareASale Affiliate Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to explodedsoda.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Best. Gift. Ever.

After getting back to the bf's parents' house late last night after my flight to LA there was a gift bag waiting for me on their coffee table. He had mentioned early in the week that he got me something that I was going to love. I tried to get the information as to what he got me, but though all my pestering and questioning I never managed to crack him.

I'm glad I didn't.

The magnitude of how amazing this gift is took me be surprise the minute I opened its wrapping.


A Japanese copy of Hyrule Historia. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was THE game that made me fall in love with games, with the storytelling element of games and with game design itself. And while I didn't continue down the path of becoming a game developer, that game helped shape so many aspects of my life (including moving to Chicago and starting out college as a Game Dev major). I remember staying up late on weekends reading Triforce rumors and timeline theories, rumors about new Zelda games and how they'd connect to the previous games. This series means the world to me. This book alone is an amazing gift.

But it's when I opened the book that the gift was taken to another level.


Shigeru Miyamoto. My bf got Shigeru Miyamoto to sign my copy of Hyrule Historia. This man is one of my idols, and this might be the closest I ever get to meeting him myself. 10 year old Kyle could only have dreamed of ever having anything signed by this man.

And not just Miyamoto! There are signatures from Takashi Tezuka and Reggie Fils-Aime as well!

"They all know who you are now too, babe."

Floored.

2 comments :

Marcelo Almaguer said...

That is indeed, the best gift ever. Awesome!!

Rick said...

Remarkable. And awesome in all the right ways.

Post a Comment