PAX Prime 2012 | explodedsoda
explodedsoda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and ShareASale Affiliate Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to explodedsoda.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 6, 2012

PAX Prime 2012

So..um..yeah. Am I back to only having 30ish readers? Cause I'd totally be okay with that.

After work on Friday I headed on over to the BART and down to SFO for another weekend trip, this time on my way to Seattle for my first ever PAX Prime!

My flight was delayed, so I decided to save myself some time and do my hair and makeup in the airport (and looked really goofy in my "going out" makeup while still wearing a Pikachu shirt). Once I finished, I found a place to get a hearty meal to prepare me for the drinking I was sure to be doing later.



After getting into Seattle I headed straight to the hotel to meet up with my con partner-in-crime Cathy, and Molly, who were all ready to go to the Frag Doll / AC III / Twitch.tv party and ordered a cab as soon as I came in. I quickly changed and we headed out!


I immediately ran into some of the PMS Clan ladies, plus many other friends I had met at previous conventions or on Twitter. So many hugs! It was like one big reunion...which it really shouldn't be for me anymore since I now live in the same city as a handful of them. That's what I get for being a recluse the majority of the time, I suppose. Unfortunately we didn't do the Assassin's Creed III photobooth cause the line was too long, and they kept playing Gangnam Style - who can pass up dancing to that?! After they shut the bar down we headed to Noc Noc with a few others to continue dancing, but stayed only briefly before catching a cab back to the hotel for sleep.

OPPA GANGNAM STYLE. Also they kept playing AC3 trailers on repeat on that screen.

Woke up pretty early (damn you internal clock) and while waiting for a cab we saw two other friends, Stu and Kayla, who had rented a car for the weekend and we got a ride with them to the convention.



Molly had gotten in a day before Cathy and I, and knew the floor by then, so I wandered around with her to see where the important things were. We stood in a very, very long ZombiU line for a while before saying "screw it" and wondering to meet up with Cathy. I scored a New Super Mario Bros 2 shirt from Nintendo (extra large though, anyone have any good tips for making it into a dress or more fitted shirt without a sewing machine?) and, of course, tried to get as many pictures, StreetPasses and swag as I could!








Mmm hmm.

 Maro pls

 Woo! Shake it Shep!


 This guy. Best. Zombie. Ever.

Hobo Stormtrooper

Before heading back to the hotel to rest for a bit we grabbed our official PAX Swag bags! Lots of Magic The Gathering stuff, including 30 card starter decks and coloring books and crayons! I later spent part of that evening coloring. :3

No orange? The hell?!


We said goodbye to Molly before heading out to the Notch .party() since she was flying out that night to be in a wedding the next day. She is super fun. I wish she could have gone to the party with us, and definitely can't wait to hang out with her again.



The party was probably the best party I have ever been to - even considering all that happened. Cathy and I arrived very very early, VIP was empty and the floor was only just filling up. We grabbed some drinks, said hi to my college friend, Ryan, and rushed over to the photobooth before the party filled up.



Drink refills, dance, repeat until more friends showed up. Then of course it was more dancing, more photobooth-ing... repeat! After a few hours of this I slipped off my heels and replaced them with the flipflops I had in my purse. Eventually some Stormtroopers and a Steve head and Creeper head that were out on the dance floor came up into VIP too. Oh. And the man himself, Notch.







Hmm this picture looks familiar.

Notch!

We went down on to the main floor every now and then to dance in the crowd. And there was tons of socializing with both old and new friends who were there. Also I found out that you can get a cup full of maraschino cherries at an open bar event if you ask! They were delicious. At some point confetti starting raining down around us, and I kept scooping it up off the floor and throwing it up around my friends, because I can't resist confetti.

The next morning we walked to the Denny's down the street for breakfast before heading back down to the convention. I stood in line to play Halo 4, which I cannot wait for. So. Good. We then headed to meet our friend Jon to get lunch down near Pike Place. Most hilarious lunch ever, my abs still hurt from laughing so hard. Did you know someone bothered to make magnetized silverware? Totally bizarre.



Found this on the 3rd floor of the convention center. Centaur and human orgy painting?!

After lunch we went around saying our hellos and goodbyes to friends on the floor. The end of a con is such a bittersweet moment.

We then had dinner at this amazing pizza place, Via Tribunali, with Jon and Chris (another online friend I met for the first time) before Cathy, Jon and I headed back to the hotel. We spent the rest of the night napping and being lazy, since all three of us had 6am flights back home. And that more or less put an official end to another great trip!

Can't wait to go back next year, a PAX Prime is definitely something to be experienced.

1 comment :

Weasel said...

I'm STILL super envious of your trip to PAX. Watching the live streams have made me want to go to it more and more. Maybe when I strike it rich I'll go, haha. Also, that Shep is cute. But anyway! Thanks for the post!

Post a Comment