BEDA - Day 26 - I've been hiding something from you guys | explodedsoda
explodedsoda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and ShareASale Affiliate Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to explodedsoda.blogspot.com

Friday, August 26, 2011

BEDA - Day 26 - I've been hiding something from you guys

This past Saturday the Tenth Doctor (not the real one, the one from Comic Con, we're just friends) and I went out to the middle of fucking nowhere (Merrillville) Indiana for a tiny tiny tiny little anime convention known as Ramencon.  This was mainly because at the time I agreed to go I was still in post-con fever and figured this would get it out of my system.


I've been too embarrassed to admit this because I was afraid I would come off as a huge nerd.


But...I suppose I already do come off as a huge nerd, so I figured why keep hiding it!


Now when I say tiny tiny tiny little I mean it. There were only 3 panel rooms, a game room, a very small vendor area and I don't remember what else because I didn't care much. I was kinda hungover and wanted to go home and lay down and it was kinda boring (sorry Ramencon, I know you have to start somewhere!)

So we tried to find something to do and eventually I was like "alright fuck it let's go to the only friggen interesting looking panel for this voice actor I've never heard of." The voice actor is Troy Baker and holy shitballs he is a gorgeous piece of man. We actually passed him twice in the hallway on the way to his panel and I remarked on how he smelled "delicious." Can you tell I need to get laid?

His panel was hilarious, very funny guy, amazing voice and (I'm sure) an amazing voice actor. I don't think I've heard many of the roles he's played, probably just those in video games since I haven't watched much anime in the past 5 years.

But basically, the reason I was finally inspired to write about Saturday is because Troy did an acoustic set after his Q&A panel. And his rendition of Radiohead's "Creep" has been stuck in my head for the past few days. I know they had a camera going but I can't find anything from Ramencon of his set. The closest I can find is a video of him singing it from a con earlier in the summer here.

I think I'm in lust with his voice.

And some clips from his Q&A here!

I'm regretting not sticking around to meet him.

Also, there was this girl sitting in front of us who was apparently madly in love with one of the characters he played she was squeeing like CRAZY and I think at one point she was crying she was so happy (he said a line from said character). The high pitch noises she kept making were making me worry that she might explode.

No comments :

Post a Comment