Star Trek Convention Chicago: Sunday | explodedsoda
explodedsoda is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and ShareASale Affiliate Program, affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to explodedsoda.blogspot.com

Monday, October 24, 2011

Star Trek Convention Chicago: Sunday

I don't remember what time we got to the convention on Sunday. I'm going to guess around 1 or 2, I'm not sure, this is what I get for waiting so long to write this shit up. Leonard Nimoy's last panel was at 3 or 4 and his photoshoot was to be immediately after, so I know we got there before then. Cathy also had to run a 5K that morning so I know we didn't get there before noon. Whatever.

First order of business was get our picture with Frakes and Spiner signed. They were so sweet, and talked to us so long. And, of course, amused us by flirting with us. The best moment, for me, was when Brent Spiner said to me, "Kyle, you could make me so happy." Oh baby, you know I would. Also that he's come to this convention because he loves Chicago but then he never makes it into the city. We told him he should just take a cab out. "Can I stay at your house?" Oh yes. You can stay in my bed baby.

There was also this little exchange.

Frakes: "You know he's fully functional right?"
Spiner: "Well not so much anymore.."

After all that we went and fangirled while waiting for Leonard Nimoy's panel to begin. They started his panel off by playing this video. Nimoy came out and gave a great history of his career and amazing, encouraging speech. At the end we all stood and held signs we had been given by staff that said "We love you Leonard. Live Long and Prosper." After his panel I went and slipped my number to Brent because I'm a weirdo like that. The line for his pictures was huge, but went really fast. It was basically in and out, very little chatting if any at all for most people.

You jelly?

The pictures wouldn't be printed for a while so we went to get dinner and some beers at the Ram Brewery down the street. On the way there Brent ended up calling me (not from his phone of course) and amused me a bit. We tried to get him and Frakes to join us for beers to no avail.

There wasn't much left to do but pick up our picture, get the digital copies of them on a disc and then head home. While waiting in line for the digital copy we met a girl who had come all the way from Pennsylvania AND had been to the convention in Vegas the month before. She pretty much convinced us that we need to go to the Vegas convention next year.

And I do believe we will.

No comments :

Post a Comment